Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is an overarching term covering a broad range of activities and initiatives that an organization undertakes as a responsible corporate citizen of the economy it operates it. Some of these initiatives may be different from the company’s core business while some may be closely aligned to the company’s core business to ensure they receive the quantum of management attention they deserve. CSR initiatives usually address matters of social concern such as education of the underprivileged, protection of the environment, conservation of natural resources, generating employment, financial and developmental support of the neglected sections of the society towards their upliftment to the mainstream and such others. The choice of CSR initiatives is based on the way the company would like to position its corporate image with its customers, investors and employees and is usually in congruence with the corporate brand positioning. Company has adopted CSR as a strategic tool for sustainable growth and for creating a meaningful and measurable impact in the Society. Traditionally, CSR activities in India were voluntarily undertaken as a philanthropic activity. With the new provisions notified under the Companies Act, 2013, the corporate houses in the Country were given far greater responsibilities with a definite framework and process in undertaking CSR initiatives, which pushed CSR to the forefront.
OBJECTIVEThe main objective of CSR policy is to lay down guidelines for Trimax IT Infrastructure & Services Limited (hereinafter referred to as “the Company”) to make CSR as one of the key areas for the Company for sustainable development for the Society.
AREAS TO BE COVEREDThe following are the targeted sectors:
- Preventive Healthcare & Sanitation
- Drinking Water
- Women empowerment
- Rural Development Projects
- Vocational & Entrepreneurship Skills
- Employment Opportunities
- Facilities for Senior Citizens
- Medical Aid
- Environmental Protection & Conservation of natural resources
- Measures for benefit of armed forces war heroes, their widows & dependents
- Protection of National Heritage
- Promoting and development of Art and Culture
- Public Libraries
- Promotion and development of traditional arts and handicrafts
- Promotion and development of rural sports and National Games
- Any other activity/activities as notified under Companies Act, 2013
- Contribution to funds set by the Central or State Government for development and welfare of Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and minorities.